Wednesday, February 19, 2014

My 90's Moment

    Being a teen in the 90's must have been a cool experience with all the mid drifts and spandex, but my experience was a little different being a 90's baby. If you're 20 something now you can relate to these shared memories from the past.




Ying yang, smiley face and dolphin jewelry everywhere! Pretty sure I had these exact ones. Also friendship jewelry was huge!


Don't know why but I had so many of these bracelets.


Worshiping the Spice Girls, obviously.



Material chokers that you could totally DIY.


Definitely huge for 90's kids & teens, the stretchy tattoo choker.


So much DIY tie dye!


Pretty Pretty Princess! Probably the best game worth mentioning from my 90's childhood! Me and my sister definitely made my dad play this with us. :)


So many weird print pullovers and colored tights.


Everyone pretended they went on vaca too mexico at one point or another and braided their whole head, don't let anyone ever tell you different!


Hologram jewelry! People forget but this was a thing.


Watching Full House, obviously.


Wearing velvet when you shouldn't, pretty sure I had a full length dress for a piano recital (might have been burgundy.)


Clear change purses and backpacks, I totally loved these!


Putting really absurd patches on things, oh and jean jackets.


Scrunchies!!!


Tiny backpacks, sometimes in the form of an animal.


Watching Sabrina The Teenage Witch.


Tying your sweater around your waist, because it was cool. (This trend has recently resurfaced)


Wearing bandannas!

Blow up furniture, so cool!


Lava lamps & disco balls, cuz why not.


Bean bag chairs.

So many butterfly clips and soo much hair and body glitter.





I could go on but I think you get the idea.
xo






No comments:

Post a Comment